The Sarccastik Conjugate

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

And you decided to cut the grass now?


What's going on people?...It's tuesday...time to vote down here in the "A"...i think "big blue" let me leave early to vote...i think they usually give 2hrs to vote or something like that....what's ya'll company policy on voting?

Okay, i got my offer letter this morning...and i'm thinking about sending them a counter proposal letter...(you know to just to give me a extra week of vaction and a little bit more on the salary)...I have never actually did any negotiating my salary...i'm "clustering" (clusty.com...search engine...i might use google depend on what mood i'm in) job offer counter proposals....have any of you guys done this before?...Your boy needs some help...i'm thinking about the counter...but regardless, i'll be earning more at the new job and it's closer than what i'm making here.....

Cutest thing is when my 2yr lil'sarccastik is trying to give me props...I was vacuuming the bedroom a couple of days ago and she was like "Yeah daddy...Big Girl Daddy"...lol...i still crack up everytime i hear her say that...i'm trying to tell her to say "Big Boy".....but that's a work in progress...

Why did my neighbor decide to cut his grass at 11:30pm.....with no lights in the backyard? we're watching TV and all of a sudden....we hear the noise of a lawnmower now?...wifey was like "Ah, Hell Naw!!"...i just laughed too....
posted by The Sarccastik Variable Why at 1:50 PM

9 Comments:

you work for big blue too? man we co-workers son.

4:25 PM  

once i saw a neighbor cutting grass when it was drizzling outside! lol...
good luck w/ deciphering the counter offer process.

5:00 PM  

Because it's too daggone hot to cut the grass in the daytime! Good luck with the negotiations!

5:19 PM  

Kids say the darndest things huh!

7:18 PM  

Leave yo' neighbor alone! You know it's to hot to do it during the day!

LOL!

8:15 PM  

I think that if you are satisfied with what they are offering you now...it wouldn't hurt counter for the "cherry on top" - the worse they can do is say no, but you'll still have the "icing on the cake" - which is the current offer you have that is better that what you previously had with your old gig...right? I've never written a counter letter before...it's all been verbal and then documented in writing...so I'm afraid that I can't be of too much help. But good luck with that!

Oh and...your daughter is too cute...your neighbor is trippin'!

12:20 AM  

my neighbor when I was growing up cut half his foot off mowing his grass. dumb ass.

8:05 AM  

my counter offer from my company was verbal it was never put in writing. I just told the new company that my current company wanted sometime to come up with a counter offer. I wound up staying and accepting the counter offer.

3:09 PM  

But congrats on getting the offer!! I'd say hit up the bookstore on that negotiating tip.

I ain't mad at the neighbor! At least he cut it. That's better than my neighbors can say for me. My grass is 'bout 7" high and I have no lawnmower and can't find anybody to cut it. Let me find a rock quarry with some affordable rocks and my GRASS will be a thing of the PAST. I can't stand a damn lawn.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home