The Sarccastik Conjugate

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Alas...the interview

Okay ya'll thanks for your support. Your boy is trying to find a new gig, been beating the pavement for at least 3 to 6 months trying to find the right job. Okay, the guy tells me to be there @11:30am...okay i leave here around 11 (i just told my coworker, that i had problems with the car and going to get it looked at)...okay based on the directions this guy gives me it's going to be a piece of cake. Of course, it never works out that way, the directions he gives is old, they renamed a street i was supposed to turn on a couple of months ago. I'm thinkin' to myself okay STRIKE 1, okay update directions u give people PLEEEZEEEE!!!!! Okay i get there and he wants me to take an aptitude test of my skills and abilities...(i'm like this bullshyt already...) i knocked the test out...i think it was about 40 or 50 questions...i knew about 90% of the questions, so i'm like WHAT!!! SON, YOU CAN'T HOLD ME SON!!!! (sorry, some of my homeboys are from new jerz..sometimes it just slip out) so I'm like okay what's the next step. This guy is like , "Well, after we evaluate the test, it usually take 2 weeks to determine the right candidate"....STRIKE 2 i'm like okay here we go with this shyt....folks don't get me wrong, i am a patient guy but this company has hounded me for a month and a half...this is the first time they saw me....so i don't know about this ya'll....i'm still looking people are calling but it's a process....

This just reminds me of the Craziest interview i ever had....interviewing for a position for a hospital here in atlanta....the woman i interview w/ is from b'ham...a sista...so i'm like okay, this won't be too bad....we got to talkin' 'bout the job and personal life....then this where it gets interesting....i saw a rainbow kind of stapler or something crazy on her desk, she breaks out into this 15min tirade.."Oh Nooo Honey, I'm strickly dickly"...i'm like oh hell naw, i know i got this...she goes on to say, "Yeah, my family think i'm that way, but no sir...i luv the dick to much"...i'm like i can't script this anybetter....i probably could have "folded" her but naw...don't fuck where you eat....what was your craziest interview?
posted by The Sarccastik Variable Why at 3:02 PM

17 Comments:

yeah, the job search is such a production. i hope you find suitable employment very soon. crazy interviews? hmmm... can't think of one off the top of my head... well, maybe the time i was called in for a postion where it was very clear i wasn't qualified. they were asking me if i had experience in areas that it should've been clear based on my resume i knew nothing about! i think they just needed to meet their minority quota...

3:48 PM  

What is going on in the ATL. Who in the middle of an interview says I love the d*ck?? I don't think I've ever said that, to anyone. lol
Craziness.

3:54 PM  

You keep us posted brother. I always tell my (lazy) nieces and nephews - Looking for a job IS.A.JOB!

Man, I almost got one making 17K more a year. Long story short, I interviewed with them two days after they merged with another company, and even though she told me that I was the #1 candidate, and asked me for my comp requirements the next day, she found out that the company they acquired had an HR department, and of course, they had to fuse theirs with the new group.

The blessing I see with that is that had I taken that job before the merger, I would have been the first to get booted!

17K more a year would have been great, but not great where I would have ended up in the EDD line!

4:05 PM  

ok I'm so mad at that interview. both of them actually especially the SECOND one which was your craziest.. I hope yuo got that job because she was extremely unprofessional!!! ewwwww

no crazy interview stories for me :)

5:08 PM  

I HATE LOOKING FOR A JOB. i don't want your INTERVIEWER to tell all her bizness!!! geez! no class. bama. lol. i haven't had any crazy ones... yet.

2:26 AM  

That was toooooo funny. I don't have any crazy interviews but, I did get FIRED 15 minutes before it was time to go home. Yup...the BASTARDS let me work all day and then fired me ON A FRIDAY! LOL

3:24 AM  

Thanks for stopping by! Okay, she was wrong to reveal her business like that and if for nothing else she ought to give you the job just because she slipped like that.

By the way, I was thinking that you were from NY which is where I lived for several years. Oh those guys used to talk like that all the time.

How funny!

5:19 AM  

You sure you were at an interview? LOL

My worst was when I totally wasted my life sitting waiting on this dude to interview HIS ASS! I was working for a local paper then. I'd been waiting 30 mins which is like strictly forbidden in the journalism world. So finally he came in to the office and told me he didn't have much time and could we hurry things up. I left him my card and said you can call me when you're free. So naturally his story didn't run. bitch.

8:54 AM  

That was crazy. I think that was more of an invitation than an interview.

My craziest interview was when I had to interview this guy. I didn't have enough time to review his application before the interview so as we're talking I'm perusing the application. My eyes settled on the question about being convicted of a crime. My mouth dropped open because he checked YES and then explained that it was for sexual assault. I tried to stay composed but found it difficult.

9:09 AM  

I have never had a crazy interview for myself, but I had to interview a few crazy people.

I was interviewing this guy. He was an intellengent brother. He basically had the job in my eyes. Then he starts showing me all his certificates that he earned while he was in prison. I did a double take at his application because in the area where it asked if he had been convicted of a felony, he checked no. He noticed what I was doing and started to get mad. He stood up and turned my desk over. I thought he was going to grab me but he never did. I was alredy dialing security when he stood up. He was throwing my stuff around the office talking about how we as black people should stick together and how I should have given him a chance. I didn't say another word, I just stood there shaking for what felt like forever(it was actually about 45 seconds) until the security guards came in an tackled him. They called the police and he was taken to jail. It was a mess!

9:48 AM  

That is some of the most unprofessional shit I've read in awhile. I am strictly dickly? Hell naw.

12:24 PM  

Looking for a job is a job in itself..I'm mad she said that ehhh

3:30 PM  

Damn dude, that's when you were supposed to palm honey's face and sing "Too much in-fo-mation!!"".lol Peace.

6:24 PM  

lol, I don't have any crazy interveiw stories, but I was laughing at yours!

11:49 PM  

That chick was straight throwed--what my boy Knes would call trippin' in a throwed position. I'd have looked at her so crazy. LOL! As for the interview hold, at least you're getting interviews!! Some folks never get so much as a call. Hope something fab comes thru for you soon.

12:01 AM  

well..I hope all goes well and good luck with the job search...funny thing is, I'm looking for just a part time job. Why lately have I been getting the feeling that I'm doing more work to get a job for less pay and less hours... ppl see that you just want to work part time, they send you through loop holes. I like damn...just tell me you don't like me before the interview that way I can go to you crappy retail competition and fill out an application.

6:03 AM  

Where did you find it? Interesting read latin kings brooklyn gang Amateur sexe Oil and gas well investments in oklahoma

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home