The Sarccastik Conjugate

Monday, June 19, 2006

Damn I hate Mondays ya'll


Thanks for everyone who stopped by and wished me a Happy Father's Day. I want to return the favor, Happy Father's Day to all who are the Mother/Father of their home. We tried to hit a movie but of course, all the movie times were crazy....we stopped by (I think it's called) Atlanta Steakhouse in Lithonia, by the Stonecrest Mall. We had a good time, just enjoying ourselves...I had some red wine ya'll w/my steak..pretty good. I'm trying to expand my taste by drinking some red wine with steak. The Bartender gave me a sample (it took all my might not to drink it all....mind you i'm playa 'bout myself)...tasted it i was like that's what i want w/my steak.

After the dinner, we wanted to hang out in the Buckhead district...i haven't done that in awhile...we went from club, to club...the gave me free shots of liquor.....it's a great time me and the misses...we did see somebody get the car towed...You got some "brass"ones to park next to a fire hydrant....so they got a rude awakening when they got back. We told them, they got the car towed...she didn't seemed that upset...She was like "okay thank you"....All in all, we had a great time, now for my blog family who are some wine consoures (i fukked that up but hey it's monday)....let me know what's the best wine...i need to expand my knowledge of wine.

Almost forgot to show ya'll this...DC pays for couples to marry....That's interesting...have a good monday.
posted by The Sarccastik Variable Why at 8:14 AM

12 Comments:

IM glad u enjoyed your day.....sounds like u needed that. Im not too knowledgeable about wine...and can u belive they actually pay ppl to test wine and tell u what to drink with your meals.....VINTNERS or sum'n like that..its crazy....but I believe its RED Wine that goes with steak.

9:15 AM  

Standard rule across the board...light foods go with light wines and heavy foods with heavy wines:
Sauvignon Blanc-white/light fish, mild cheese, fruit
Chardonnay-grilled chicken, salmon, shellfish and grilled fish (anything with a creamy sauce)
Pinot Noir-light meats, chicken, grilled anything, salmon
Merlot-pasta, red meat, duck, smoked or grilled food
Zinfandel-tomato pasta dishes, pizza, pesto, red meats, chicken with heavy sauces
Cabernet Sauvignon-red meats, especially a juicy steak, grilled and smoked foods
Syrah-red meats,pizzas, herbed sauces,on red meat, turkey

As for dessert wines...give me a holla and I can go over that with you...send you a list.
You should always experiement with wines. Most wine shops have wine tasting on Friday or Saturday evenings. http://atlanta.about.com/od/winelovers/
Also, alot of restaurants offer a food & wine pairing menu...ask.

Happy drinking...:-)

9:25 AM  

I love the wine tastings. There is a wine festival here in VA every year ... usually local wineries but I can usually find a pretty good bottle or two.

I love blah's list above, I'd probably add Pinot Grigio and Reisling -- whites that go well with light foods.

1:59 PM  

Sounds like you had a wonderful Fathers Day...winneries is a good idea I like Reisling but of course there are different kinds of that it all depends on what kind of taste you like.

4:34 PM  

I like reisling, but white merlot is pretty good reminds me that I haven't had it in a while...um for red I like syrah..but yeah it depends on if you perfer red or white or what type of taste..but the white merlot is a rose color/blush so it works pretty well with anything.

9:23 PM  

I am a red wine drinker through and through...and I like them VERY dry. My absolute favorite, thus far, is the Cabernet Sauvignon by Casa Lapostolle...it's from Chile. Try THAT with a steak and get back to me (if you can...LOL). I will admit though, if you don't absolutely LOVE red wine...it might be a bit heavy for you.

If you are REALLY serious about getting into wines, definitely visit some vineyards, but in the meantime stop by one of the sites on my blogroll (My Life Italian) - she REALLY knows her stuff and does special wine postings regularly. (Plus she includes really BEAUTIFUL pics of Italy that make you want to jump on the next plane smokin')!

Have fun searching for your favorite...I know I have. And keep us posted on what you try!

7:02 AM  

HaPPY BELATED Father's Day.

8:38 AM  

Glad you had a good Father's Day weekend...

10:20 AM  

Nice to hear you had a good Father's Day.
Darbs had it right when she said visit some wineyards or even take a class. In NYC you can take them at NSU for $25, which is beyond cheap. Check out the local community colleges and such. My fav is Yellow Tail Shiraz. Try it. Inexpensive and very very good.

10:22 AM  

Join Kimpton Life Wine Society or Morrell's Wine Club. You can get two bottles a month and some publications on being a wine pimp like myself.


If you're concerned with the taste, then white German wines are the best. They are usually sweet and very lite. You know the darker you go the more dry and bold the taste. Get you a wine directory. It should help. Also, Publix has a good selection for a grocery store, plus they will special order for you. But just cause it's my fav, I'll recommend - Fat Bastard Shiraz.

11:11 AM  

Glad you had a wonderful Father's Day! As far as wine goes, I am a fan of any type Riesling or Ice Wine.

3:15 PM  

sounds like your father's day was DA BOMB. i didn't know the buckhead club district was popping on a sunday. i live in that area. meanwhile, i haven't been to a club there in about three years. folk are just too young and stupid for my tastes.

now i head to collipark to get my grown folk groove on.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home