The Sarccastik Conjugate

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Almost Wiz'd out....

We got dvd, i think it was last week, I can sing all of the parts. Lil' comes home everynight....and says dvd, dvd, dvd....It took us a little time to figure out what she was talking about. So i think it's been everynight we have played Michael Jackson's part (Scarecrow, "You Can't Win"), Nipsey Russell's (Tin Man, "What Would I do", and "Slide some Oil to me"...and we all say "Teenie, Teenie, Teenie") and Ted Ross (Lion, "Mean Ol' Lion")....the lion part is her favorite. We give her the Dvd, and right off the bat she's saying Lion. We don't mind, we sing and dance the songs with her, it's funny. We're at a stage where she says "No" to everything.....so ya'll know how that is going.
***************************************************************************************
You ever think what kind of parent you'll be? I'm trying to be that cool parent that you can come to with anything. I want that open relationship w/ my daughter. But at the same time, I want her to understand that I'm her Dad. It still trips me out that someone calls me "Dada" when i come home. Me...shyt, I'm like a young adult myself....i'm waiting on the new UGK CD to drop, so it blows my mind to know that i'm a dad...............Oh i almost forgot...why the lil' know how to "Lean With It, Rock With It"...she just lean back that's all it's funny....can't wait for the spring, taking the family to piedmont park, going to hawks and braves games....just hanging out w/ family.....what's the big plans this weekend?

looking for a new gig....get tired of driving 29miles one way to my job, need something closer and better pay....Money makes the world go round. Listening to my crazy dad...."Boy that's good job, you better stay there".....is it me or is that the older mentality...stay at your job 35 yrs.....not the kid, if i can get something closer to home, and better pay...."Two fingers in the wind" i'm gone...i've been driving out here for 6yrs...it's time to go....

I forgot to tell ya'll made Lasagna from scratch..."Every since I can remember, I been Poppin' Collar"...it turned out great.....(i think i was a chef in my former life) the misses proclaimed me Lasagna cooker of the house...lol...it was funny....what great cooking have you done in the past 2 weeks?

what else is going on? College Hill comes out this week....Keyshia is still looking for a voice...(found, ound, ound...) eesh...my spleen leans and rocks everytime i hear her...i like the chris brown song, "Yo"...that's alright....i might watch the Li'l Kim show on BET...i might...it depends on the first episode....i heard that "Touchin" song by Banner uncut...it's serious....the Kanye video w/ Nia long is funny...not too crazy about the B.I.G., if i want to hear him...i'll buy the 1st CD...without everybody on it...T.I. track is hot....

what's going on the weekend?
posted by The Sarccastik Variable Why at 11:00 AM

4 Comments:

I hear you about parents and jobs. I want to move jobs and my mom thinks I am crazy for considering it since I would be giving up a lot of job security.

I love that Touchin song by Dave Banner. He's my new crush.

Love Nia Long and Tracie Ellis Ross in that Kanye video. Hysterical. Kanye should be so lucky to get Nia Long.

11:54 AM  

Lil' S is too cute for words and this Wiz thing takes me back 14 years to when my son was her age...he loved the Tony/Tone/Toni song "It Feels Good" and everyday when we came home he would pick up any remote and point it at the stereo and say "Ah Ah Baby Ah Ah Baby"! The boy really thought every remote would turn that song on and would do the same thing at anybody's home where he had access to a remote :)

Your posts about your daughter are fantastic and led me to post about my memories of my father who died when I was nine years old. Keep doing what you do b/c I assure you it will leave a lasting impression on lil sarccastik as you call her! The sense of worthiness to be loved and the anticipation you demonstrate in regards to spending time with her will provide the self-love and esteem necessary to create a happy world filled with peace for herself when she becomes a woman.

I applaud you.

12:30 PM  

Parenting -- I've told my kids since they were born that they can talk to me about anything. And I do mean anything. However, there are still some things that they just don't feel comfortable talking to me about. My daughter more so than my son. I just have to continue to let them know that I'm there for them.

Cooking: I love to make lasagne although I haven't done it in a while. I did make a slamming pot of gumbo last weekend.

This weekend: I have to go dress shopping with my daughter because she's going to her first semi-formal dance. I'm nervous about it but I'm sure she'll have a great time.

9:44 AM  

Good thing you dont live in cali driving 29 or 50 miles to a job is the norm.
I cooked my 1st roast chicken it was nummy, (my 2yr old calls everything nummy) I used the Martha Stewart recipe.

I don't let my kids listen to rap but my husband let my little girl hear that E40 song Tell me when to go and now she always says Dumb Dumb Dumb...

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home