The Sarccastik Conjugate

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Jus' Rantin'

I got a chance to see Coretta Scott King's funeral, whew man....that was six hours of people talking. But it was a short six (could you belive it)...everybody was entertaining and their speeches were read perfectly and understood completely. Then my boy came on stage, Rev. Joseph Lowry,...that's my boy...He turned it out, I'll never forgot when he came to my college graduation to speak for 2 hrs at Alabama State University Commencement 1997....his theme was "Living Within Your Means" how we as a society try to "Keep Up with the Joneses"....i'll never forget the quote he said, one day he was at a gas station and he noticed a young buck with cadillac on rims looking good. In his mind, he was like young buck got it going on....Lowry said he walked in to pay for his gas, and the young buck was in front of him paying for gas. He said the "Young buck" talked to the cashier in a low monotone voice, the cashier asked him to repeat himself....."young buck" looked back at Lowry and repeated himself....."5 bucks on pump 2".....everybody at the Accadome exploded into laughter....Lowry took off his glasses and said "young folk you are the future stay within your means". Everybody gave him a standing ovation, the same ovation he got after he got down at the funeral yesterday...."there were no weapons of mass destruction over there"....the crowd erupted saying that there were "weapons of misdirection over here"....that's my boy....he turned it out....Bill Clinton re-itereated that Dekalb County is the 2nd wealthiest black county in nation ( i didn't know that), pretty much putting the hands into the people "What are you gonna do now" (referring to the King center). If you had not seen the funeral, i think it will be played on CSPAN this week, check it out.
*************************************************************************************
I want to buy the So So Def action figure...ask me how much it cost...you wouldn't belive

http://www.spanofsunset.com/store/html/118.html

I also want to get the office depot easy button....that's only 5 bucks...which is cool...i can leave that at my work desk....

what nostalgia figurines do you want? It's okay...i'm not holding the L7 sign up....(you wish)
posted by The Sarccastik Variable Why at 9:58 AM

5 Comments:

Thanks for stopping through!

I'm catching bits and pieces of the funeral on CSPAN. I get easily distracted by Eddie Long's arms, though. :(

Why does So-So Def have an action figure?

I'd like to have a slinky.

10:58 AM  

oooooh, i like the afroman, and while i believe in throwing money into the abyss, for $200, he needs to sing and rap those songs on that cd. and that chain he's wearing should at least be gold-plated...lol.

11:20 AM  

I agree with DEE.... Oh and I would realy like an 8 ball

1:35 PM  

rubix cube i WOULD SAY...never could master it but it would be fun now to play..even the viewmaster

the eightballs are at KMART-TARGET-HOBBY LOBBY

1:40 PM  

I heard the speech on the news and I was cracking up. I wish I could have see ole Dubbas face. nice blog and thanks for stopping by my spot.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home