The Sarccastik Conjugate

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Mid-job crisis...

Recently, i was talking with mrs. sarccastik on her career. She's a perm sub for a local high school, and she really enjoys it.....now let me explain about my wife, graduate of georgia tech, was a high school cheerleader and know damn near as much sports as me....(at least she thinks she does)....has a degree in industrial engineering....she could get a gig anywhere....but she really enjoy teaching. My co-worker teaches basketball at his local rec league, kids about 9 to 10 years old....and he also told me he really enjoy teaching. My co-worker is a guy who has been doing IT for at least 10 yrs. I got to thinking on what that hell do i enjoy doing, i like to cook (watching g.garvin) and enjoy sports. I'm in the computer field...it's okay, I worked hard at the point i'm in now. But thinking back on it, I got advice like a lot of people from their parents....go to school and get a good paying job....and that's life.....I guess the reason, that I'm so frustrated is that...is this all? I graduate from school and get a job....not a career that i enjoy. i would like to teach my daughter that yes education is important, but if you can find something that you enjoy and that makes money...go for it.
I might go back to school to get an MBA in Sports Management or maybe culinary skills for gp, or get into real estate. Something that I could really enjoy doing, because it seems to me everybody around me is picking up something they really enjoy doing.....
posted by The Sarccastik Variable Why at 11:43 AM

3 Comments:

Isn't that funny, I'm getting out of Real Estate to get into the IT Field. I trying to get into project management but of course I need my hours so I am interviewing for a Business Analyst position on Thursday. I would love to be a chef also, but standing on my feet and the long hours INCLUDING weekends would kill me!
Holla!

10:27 AM  

That would be great if I could get a job doing one of the many things I love doing with out going back to school! Cooking is one and I am working on the real estate development!

Good Luck with your search

9:59 AM  

Enjoyed a lot! Free page voyeur web Automobile coverage insurance Ice makers service and repair free educational stationery borders car navigation system audi taiwan Accepting credit card business kfc scholarship Tranny cum pix jenna jameson free preview video

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home