The Sarccastik Conjugate

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Why Did the Fat old lady do the Pool Palace?


Good morning bloggers,

A couple of things I wont to mention today...Imagine our eyes (workers) when we check our email and notice this early Monday morning:

Please Join PP for an All Employee Conference Call Today at 11 am ET
PSTI, MCK Sign Definitive Agreement

Today, PS announced a definitive agreement to become a part of San Francisco-based MCK. The transaction brings together two of healthcare's leading technology and services companies focused on increasing healthcare quality, safety and efficiency.


Yada Yada Yada...It was an eery feeling. Everybody was like what what??!!?! Are you Serious? Who's MCK?


I've heard of MCK because I was trying to get in before I got to PSTI. We've had other conference calls and meetings but the sentiment is we "pretty much" in trouble. It goes with the saying Big Fish eat Little Fish. It makes good business sense if you were working at MCK. Most definitely the place where I am (25mins from home) will probably be closed. Nothing is confirmed yet....but that's the feeling we get. MCK is huge a billion dollar industry and a lot of opportunities. It feels empty here...the mentatlity here is disappointed...shell shocked and fear. So I'm a tad disappointed that my "quick" ride will probably be gone but...what the heck...I've been through this 3 times:

Sedgwick bought out by Marsh....first job in ATL....
Equifax outsources to IBM.....2nd job...(don't really count my job at St.joe's hospital)

Now this...I'm not too worried, I'm a 34yr old guy with 5+years of IT.....(wondering should I go to MCK website and try to apply for jobs there...hmmmmmm...any comments?)

Have anybody been through this before?!?!!? Have a good thursday....Happy Good Riddance to Rumsfeld Thursday!!!!!
posted by The Sarccastik Variable Why at 7:42 AM

14 Comments:

I've never been through this b4 but hopefully any changes will benefit you...

8:17 AM  

IT is a shaky field work in, unless you are with one of the major companies. Even then you have to be on top of your game. It's all in who you know.

I hope things work out in your favor...

9:57 AM  

I would honestly say YES go on their site and start applying, definitely start shopping your resume again...be prepared for anything...I would even look into the state or federal agencies that they have done there, OR the BIG companies like Wachovia and Coke...but definitely shop your resume around and start to get your name out there...You will be just fine...I know it!

10:04 AM  

I think something like that is happeneing here..my boss's big boss was here talking bout my office is gonna be his and blah blah blah....I need to start polishing up my resume since i have been with this place for 6 years and have 8 years experience in the medical field.. Thank goodness im taking my black ass back to school

11:32 AM  

Never been in that type of situation before..good luck.

2:11 PM  

Good luck...I hope it works out for the best for you!

7:27 PM  

Same thing happened to me a while back. My company got ate up by a bigger company and we were all S.O.L!

If I were you, I start peeping out new jobs ASAP! Best of luck, hope all goes well!!!! :-)

1:00 AM  

Definitely start applying

That's outta control, you'll be tight though, no doubt.
That field is a muhfuka but you shouldn't have to much of an issue.

....

My question is need I get my E*Trade thug on with this info?

:)

e.

eclectik-relaxation.com

4:15 AM  

never been thru it either. can't hurt to apply at mck if its likely your office will get closed. are you willing to relocate?

10:52 AM  

WOW...here's to hoping things turn out well...me taking a drink LOL

12:35 PM  

I would say start looking around. I waited when something like this happened at our company and I will be at home two months on the 29 of November.

12:13 AM  

Hey man!! I haven't been through here in a minute but what's good...anywho...yeah I have been through it....when Wang was in ATL I had only been in the A for about a year and a half...Wang says "we have been acquired and are moving to Houston....some will get severence...some will get offers...some can apply for jobs in Houston....are you with us" I said Hell naw....where is my package....fast forward to now....if I were in your situation...I would have to weigh some things like "If they move, where are they going?" "Do I want to live in XYZ city?" "How does the cost of living compare" "What are they willing to pay." If I had a company moving to MD, I would go...moving to Iowa...I would stay put LOL
~Newy~

10:14 AM  

Yo my homeboy is an HR manager at PS....wow small world....

~Newy~

10:18 AM  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wang_Laboratories
acquired by

http://www.getronics.com/global/en-gb/home.asp
LOL
~Newy~

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home